DIY Message Boards
Clean toilets

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6191013504/m/7293930967

Mar 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
sarahmcgc
Clean toilets
What product will clean rings around your toilet?
Mar 20, 2013, 06:51 PM
swschrad
toilet bowl cleaner and a brush. lysol, toilet duck, etc...

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Mar 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
Re-mdlr
Try this: click here

Try this: click here
Its usually available at Ace Hardware stores.

Or try this: click here
But this can damage granite surfaces, use cautiously, but it works
Mar 20, 2013, 09:51 PM
joecaption
This also works well.
Wal-Mart has it.
http://barkeepersfriend.com/

joecaption
Mar 20, 2013, 10:09 PM
sarahmcgc
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually have some Barcleaners Friend. I'm going to go try it out.
Mar 21, 2013, 07:07 AM
joecaption
Is it rust stain you have?
Do you have a water softner?

joecaption
Mar 21, 2013, 08:31 AM
Conrad
As Re-mdlr posted above.

The Pumie, pumice stick, is probably the easiest and most successful way to get rid of the rings that I ever found. Usually the rings are hard water mineral deposits at or near the waterline (or below waterline) in the toilet bowl. The mineral surface is a bit rough, so stains stick to it...even iron from the water for rust stains. They are often a couple of dollars for a bar/stick at hardware, home stores and some large grocery stores.
They last a long time too, just keep them wet and dipping in the water when using...sounds like they are scratching, but are softer than the porcelain...but harder than the mineral deposit.
Jul 08, 2013, 11:59 AM
Matthew_G
I used to have the toilet ring problem all the time because we have very hard water. The pumice stone always worked best for me. I never found a liquid that would fully remove a real toilet ring - not even industrial strength acids.

After you get the ring off, make sure you coat the toilet bowl with that new self-cleaning coating. I did and I have been ring free for half a year and I don't barely have to clean it at all. You can find it at SelfCleen.com

Good luck