All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Need suggestions for vanity fix
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Need suggestions for vanity fix Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Our son in law remodeled our bathroom and one leg is higher than the rest. We put a piece of felt under it and it just doesn't look right. Well as I was reading the paper work that came with the vanity I realized he didn't take the shipping feet off. It's too late to do that now so is there anything we can do to make it look better? Any suggestions please. This is so frustrating!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Can you put a little shim underneath the leg?

Posts: 1979 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        The problem is the shipping foot is in the middle of the vanity leg,which is much fatter,so there's the vanity leg then the smaller,more narrow shipping foot raising it higher.If we shim it we'd have a shim raising the shipping foot even higher. I hope I'm explaining it well enough to get the picture. I just don't know how to make this shipping foot less noticeable. Also I don't think we can raise it since the sink is already in and the vanity is attached to the wall.

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Could you post a photo?

Posts: 1979 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Sorry I tried but it said my upload exceeds max size.

posted Hide Post
        Now is a good time to teach your son in law the importance of paying attention, and doing it right the first time. Have him come back and remove it all. If it's a standard straight countertop and free standing vanity (other than being attached to the wall) that whole assembly comes off and apart very easily and quickly. He could have it done by the time you cook a pot roast dinner, then you all could eat good and laugh about it.

But if there is any 90 degree cabinets and countertops, then that will be more difficult and not recommended for a rookie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Re-mdlr,

They make it look so easy on tv, don't they

Posts: 1003 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Jean75:
        Sorry I tried but it said my upload exceeds max size.

If the photo is not getting attached here, you can mail us the picture, only then we'll be able to offer an appropriate suggestion.

Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post