DIY Network

All Projects

TV Projects

    What Do You Want To Work On?

      What Activity Do You Want To Do?


        Available Projects

        Get Results

        DIY Network /

        Message Boards

            DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    shower vvalve
        shower vvalve Sign In/Join 
        there is a shower valve that slowly closes as the hot water in the shower gets hotter so that there is no wasted hot water.
        I forgot the name of it and where to buy it.
        can anyone help please
        Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi sbileth,

        Unless the shower valve you refer to is entirely new, there are basically 2 types of shower valves in use by most manufacturers today. They are Pressure Balanced Valves and Thermostatic Valves. Below is a link which explains how each works.

        From the sounds of your description of the valve, you may find that it is the Pressured Balanced Shower Valve that you are referring to as it does respond to changes in water pressure by maintaining the previously set water temperature should the water pressure change by sudden water usage elsewhere in a home thus preventing dangerous scalding hot and unpleasant cold water surges while in the shower.

        Others may have additional suggestions.

        Good Luck!
        Posts: 519 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
          Powered by Social Strata  

            DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    shower vvalve

        © Scripps Networks 2009


        Posting Guidelines

        • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
        • No off-topic or off-color postings.
        • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of DIY moderators.
        • No advertising is allowed.
        • Be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
        • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political or religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by DIY.

        Full Guidelines

        For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.