All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Vanity backsplash and beadboard
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Vanity backsplash and beadboard Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am installing a new footed vanity in a bathroom that has beadboard. The beadboard comes up about 2.5" above the vanity top. When I attach the 4" backslpash do I need to cut the beadboard out from behind so that I am bonding directly to the wall?
        Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        For best looks you should. Unless the beadboard is higher than the top of the backsplash then the beadboard will dead end into the backsplash. If you don't cut out the beadboard in the pattern of the backsplash, then you'll have a gab at the top of the backsplash.

Jaybee

Posts: 10477 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I kinda suspected that, thanks for the confirmation. Can you recommend a good way to cut the beadboard? I was thinking a Dremel would be great, but I don't have one.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        A Dremel or a SonicCrater would work. However, if it's a thin beadboard, youcould "cut" it by using a small, sharp chisel. This would especially work if the contour of the edges of your backsplash is curved.

If it's a straight cut, a trim saw like a Japanese pull saw would work fine. They are not very expensive.

Jaybee

Posts: 10477 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post