All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Radio built in or wall unit for the bathroom
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Radio built in or wall unit for the bathroom Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Any good ideas for a built in radio for a smaller bathroom? I always see built in speakers but never anything for a radio. I am currently gutting out and remodeling this 5' by 8' bathroom and would like to add this built in radio for my son and guests to enjoy.

Posts: 2 | Location: Bourbonnais, Illinois | Registered: Apr 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I'm in the process of doing the same thing. A search of the web has produced surprisingly sparse results. I did find this one site that showed some promise. I hope it helps you.
        http://www.kbsound.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Eldon, Missouri | Registered: Jul 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        I am sure this is more than likely a spam thread.

As radios are not used that much (especially by the young). A personal Ipod placed in a speaker system would make more sense, but just a shelf with an outlet would work better than ANYthing built in. That is just too "old school".

Posts: 6884 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        conrad, you're right. There are all the telltale signs of a spammer. First post, link to a commercial site, dredging up a 3 month old unanswered post.

Interesting issues with radios; this oldster still listens to them, all the time while driving. There are 2 good FM stations in the area and one Canadian all French station when I'm in the mood to understand only a few out of every 500 words. Most of the time I have no idea what the discussion is about but I like the lyricism of the French language.

Posts: 1899 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        I have not listened to radio (probably in the last decade?) Well.... maybe Public Radio/Car Talk occasionally when I remembered to turn it on.
        My CD player in the van always has a book cd in it that I listen to. (Don't know how I would travel the 9 hour trip to CO & back without the company of a good mystery story)Wink

Perhaps you listening to French discussions might be similar to listening to just music and random lyrics?

Posts: 6884 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        with all the poisoned backstabbing back and forth on radio now, the only time I snap it on is either out in the federally-protected wilderness, where WELY has always been a treat... or when it's tornado weather and I see Toyotas flying past at 20 feet high. maybe the odd Ram truck.

now, back in the day, there used to be rockin' music. as The Boys sang it, "That's Why God Made the Radio."

my iPod in the workshops or during exercise or on the road blasting, that's the new version. outside of my worm-warming, of course...

-- de KD0REQ

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5714 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Conrad, I think this is another area in which electronic media has changed so much that old standards and practices are becoming obsolete in some fields.

So many print newspapers have closed because of electronic media. But I would hate to see public radio, especially the FM channels, close as well. Through them I've discovered music I now love and collect but would not have discovered w/o the FM stations.

And what is there to compare with the Saturday afternoon at the Met? I could tape operas, but even just the applause makes me feel as if I'm there and I get a sense of the excitement and dynamic atmosphere of the live performance. It's a wonderful mood booster, and cheaper than flying to NY every week.

I think part of the appeal of the French station is the musicality of the language, and what for me at my level of comprehension are random lyrics. The music is generally pop or something akin to that, it's not the typical Edith Piaf or vintage French music.

Swschrad, what channels do you listen to? I've never heard backstabbing on the radio, but perhaps you're referring to AM radio stations? If there's anything that does become tedious it's the 5 minute or so fundraising pitches. But I understand the need for that.

If I ever saw cars or trucks flying past me I'd head for a viaduct and hover underneath it!

And on the subject of iPods, perhaps either of you could explain the appeal? As I understand, you have to pay Apple to download specific tunes/songs/symphonies or whatever. Wouldn't creating your own CD of your favorite tunes be cheaper?

Posts: 1899 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        As for Ipods, I had one for a short time. Thought I would listen to it when walking the dogs. Found the earbuds blocked too much ambient noise, and traffic (found it unsafe for me). DH downloads pod casts from Public Radio sources and listens to it through the car stereo, so he does not listen to live am/fm radio either.

Kids purchase Itunes music and then can add any of it to their Ipods, Ipads, Iphones. It is definitely a generational thing.

posted Hide Post
        both AM and FM "talk" radio, it's all poisonous. after the 2nd heart attack back 18 years ago, I swore off that bad attitude barking for good. I like to keep my heart rate below the low 4 figures, and the badlfaced lies, backbiting, and errant nonsense on either end of the dial is not something I'm interested in.

and the radio wizards meet in their annual programming meetings and wonder how they can boost the audience?? I have an idea. go back to radio's roots... local, genial, chat and music of all types.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5714 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post