All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Getting Epoxy grout off marble
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Getting Epoxy grout off marble Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I was told the Tec Invision pre-mixed grout was what I needed for my marble flooring, when in fact it isn't supposed to be used with marble. Fortunately the grout lines are tiny and I pretty much put the grout on with my fingers, but I still have horrible smears of this product on the floor that I cannot get off without scraping off the surface of the marble. Mineral Spirits did not work. Anyone have any ideas? This is my 3rd attempt at getting down a floor in my one and only bathroom... long story.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Once it's dried, it will take a very sharp blade and a slow and steady scraping. I'd go with a sharp wood chisel.

If you have a sonic crafter or similar tool, there is a smooth scraper blade that will do the trick - just be careful not to stay in any place for too long or you'll mark the tile.

Jaybee

Posts: 10436 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        If you are looking for a way to get that excess epoxy grout off your floor you should follow these easy steps, in case you haven’t already: clean the area, apply a liberal amount of release agent (a chemical used to remove grout at the same time helps clear stains, it is odorless and comes in a gel form), wipe the release agent from the joint, use a nylon pad to scrub the surface - the more force you apply the better it is. Finaly wash the surface with water and get rid of the release agent and the grout - it should work. Good luck!

Posts: 26 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post