DIY Message Boards
Acrylic Tub liner install issue

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6191013504/m/1283909497

Jan 01, 2014, 10:59 PM
SnappyJ
Acrylic Tub liner install issue
I had a company install a tub liner and it constantly has water filling between the old tub and the new tub liner. This will be the 4th time they will come over and try to fix it (believe the drain is the culprit, but I'm not touching it since they installed it).

The tub liner also flexes now because there is a gap between the original tub (and the gap gets worse each time they try to fix it).

What sort of questions should I be asking when they come over?
**My biggest concern is the Tub Liner flexing due to the gap, will it ever crack?...how long would that take?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SnappyJ,
Jan 02, 2014, 12:19 PM
nona
that liner is going to crack. How soon is anyones guess. It would depend on the weight of the people using it and how often it is used.
the only fix is to remove the liner, and see if it is already cracked around the drain.
The other possibility is that you have a partial stoppage in the original drain that is filling up and overflowing between the tub and the liner
Jan 02, 2014, 07:36 PM
SnappyJ
When you say stoppage, do you mean the drain has something like hair plugging it up? Wouldn't this happen to all tubs reasonably quickly?

Thanks for the insight.
Jan 04, 2014, 12:46 AM
SnappyJ
Apparently it may have been the faucet being flipped into shower mode and pushing water down the wall into the tub. Hope that fixes it.
Jan 04, 2014, 01:50 PM
nona
regardless, water should not get between the two tubs, period!!! And it still will crack