DIY Message Boards
Water temperature

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6191013504/m/1223932577

Nov 13, 2013, 09:57 PM
darleneasp
Water temperature
When I take a shower, the water turns cold for several seconds about every 10 minutes. We have a well. I haven't had a good shower since we moved here. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!
Nov 13, 2013, 11:07 PM
Jaybee
Showers have an anti-scald adjustment that can limit how hot the water can get. The system is not perfect and can be pressure sensitive. So if the anti scald is broken or not working properly it could be reacting to the changes in main house pressure whenever the well pump cycles.

You can try fixing this from either the faucet end or the pump end.

From the faucet end, not much you can do except take the faucet apart to make sure that no parts are broken, no ports clogged and all washers in place.

At the well pump - see if you have fluctuating pressure in any other faucet. While there are a lot of things that can cause this the most common is a lack of air in your pressure tank. The tank should be about half air and half water. If it gets too much water in there it will cycle often and vary pressure.

Jaybee
Nov 14, 2013, 07:23 AM
Frodo
i would start with your shower faucet.find out what brand and model it is...google it to see how to readjust it
if that does not weork..add an expansion tank to your well system