DIY Message Boards
cinder block wall with floating bench

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5733972247/m/8923915377

Sep 02, 2013, 11:30 AM
RJM II
cinder block wall with floating bench
Hey folks, I want to build a cinder block wall with a floating bench. Could have sworn I saw an episode with this project. Anyone know the episode or seen any plans for one?
Sep 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
GardenSprite
Any idea which episode and how recently it was shown?
Sep 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
RJM II
No I don't remember the episode. I believe it was a rerun of Yard Crashers
Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 PM
GardenSprite
This might help:

http://www.diynetwork.com/cont...s/package/index.html

It's an option to contact DIY about various issues, including queries on specific programs.

I Googled the subject and got some hits, the first being your post!

Goodgle hits for cinder block wall with floating bench

You might also try the Yard Crashers site:

Yard Crashers website

I've never seen this particular wall and bench. I'm curious about the "floating" aspect.

Hope you find something on this project.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Sep 13, 2013, 07:09 PM
RJM II
Thx for the reply Sprite. Sent them a message about it, waiting for a reply. Have made plans for this project but don't know how to support the floating bench. Would rather have it floating, looks cleaner.
Sep 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
GardenSprite
RJM, I realized after posting that you can also engage in a live chat at the link I posted. That might be quicker.

I've been trying to visualize a floating bench. How is it attached to the wall? Is it cantilevered? Even if it "floats" it's got to have support somewhere, right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Sep 22, 2013, 10:07 PM
RJM II
I'm imagining some sort of flat metal stock in between the second and third row of bricks. Don't really know, that's why I was wondering if anyone remembered seeing this project anywhere