All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  Yard Crashers    Help with my backyard
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Help with my backyard Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have seen a couple episodes of Yard Crashers in the Boston area. I live north of Boston and I have a backyard (or should I say YAHD) that needs some help. It is boring and we have no vibrant area or feature to entertain friends and family with. One particular detail needs updated for safety reasons. I am always in Lowes or Home Depot spending money on something for the yard.

Posts: 5 | Location: Groveland, MA | Registered: Apr 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        then you might get lucky... but check the "be on DIY" section on the home page to get an idea whether or not the show will be in your area again.

for anything other than the "crasher" series, you need to apply at that location to have any consideration for hosting a show crew.

thousands apply, a couple dozen are selected. best plan is to get ideas from the shows and then do your own renovation.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5521 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks, I'll keep checking. I have one dumb question though. It is really random people that get picked or do the lucky homeowners know it is coming when the yard crashers crew is in the store? I always wondered as I have watched the show. Anyway..

Still dreaming about my new back yard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MyhomeVC,

Posts: 5 | Location: Groveland, MA | Registered: Apr 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Not to be critical or anything, but you can change your backyard yourself by taking control of the situation rather than hoping to get on the show.

Next time you're at Lowes or HD, check out the magazine section. This the time of year for a plethora of gardening magazines. BHG and Fine Gardening are good sources. Thumb through some of their design specials, buy one or two or more then study them at home.

Start with the safety issue first, post here if you don't come up with a solution on your own, then move on to the decorative issues.

Over the past years Fine Gardening has had a number of special issues on outdoor design. It's hard not to find some suggestions that can't be used in someone's own yard.

Or just post photos here and we'll be glad to make suggestions. Create your own solutions instead of waiting to get on a tv episode.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by MyhomeVC:
        Thanks, I'll keep checking. I have one dumb question though. It is really random people that get picked or do the lucky homeowners know it is coming when the yard crashers crew is in the store? I always wondered as I have watched the show. Anyway..

It's a combination of both. You can possibly get on a crashers show by applying in the normal way. Then, if you meet the criteria for a TV show homeowner and if the crasher show is scheduled to be in your town you'll tape a "Home Store" scene.

Still dreamimg about my new back yard.

Jaybee

Posts: 10153 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Jaybee:
        quote:

It's a combination of both. You can possibly get on a crashers show by applying in the normal way. Then, if you meet the criteria for a TV show homeowner and if the crasher show is scheduled to
        be in your town you'll tape a "Home Store" scene.

Jaybee, Thank you

Still dreaming about my new back yard.

posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:
        Not to be critical or anything, but you can change your backyard yourself by taking control of the situation rather than hoping to get on the show.

Next time you're at Lowes or HD, check out the magazine section. This the time of year for a plethora of gardening magazines. BHG and Fine Gardening are good sources. Thumb through some of their design specials, buy one or two or more then study them at home.

Start with the safety issue first, post here if you don't come up with a solution on your own, then move on to the decorative issues.

Over the past years Fine Gardening has had a number of special issues on outdoor design. It's hard not to find some suggestions that can't be used in someone's own yard.

Or just post photos here and we'll be glad to make suggestions. Create your own solutions instead of waiting to get on a tv episode.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, you are being a bit too critical.

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, you are being a bit too critical.

I am truly sorry for having offended you by seeming to be too critical.

Apparently I misread a sense of urgency in your post because of the safety issue. Given your profession, I thought you might have been concerned about liability and might want to initiate some changes yourself rather than waiting to get on a show, which could be an indefinite time.

It was not my intention to be critical even if I thought my post might have been at the time I wrote it.

Good luck with your plans and I hope you become a movie star on a DIY show very soon!

Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post