DIY Message Boards
Locations/How to Apper

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5733972247/m/5033963247

May 12, 2011, 09:48 AM
DIYAdmin2
Locations/How to Apper
We contacted the producers of Yard Crashers, who have production facilities on both the East and West coasts, and they tell us they travel across the U.S. in search of finding random people at home improvement stores.

While we wish we had a more definitive answer of when they might be in your area, we completely understand their position of not sharing their 'travel' plans given that part of the excitement of this show is the surprise element.

We would also encourage you to take a look at the Be On DIY page on DIYNETWORK.com to review the opportunities available on our various programs that are currently in production and in need of willing homeowners. There you will find specific instructions for submitting your material.

Be On DIY
http://www.diynetwork.com/tv-s...be-on-diy/index.html

You may also want to visit our sister network, HGTV, to review their list of opportunities as well.

Be On HGTV
http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/be-on-hgtv/index.html

Feel free to browse the pages. Perhaps there’s a need that will fit in perfectly with what you’re looking for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DIYAdmin2,
May 25, 2011, 07:58 PM
trinijay
Hi does yard crashers ever travel outside of the US? I live in Trinidad in the caribbean and would love him to crash my yard!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
Bmrchik
When is Ahmed ever going to come out to the desert? There are plenty of us out here needing his help!!!!!
Aug 18, 2011, 04:45 AM
AlysrianXian
They say all across America, but I have NEVER seen an episode where they came to Utah OR North Dakota. Either way, I understand why they can't disclose their locations...but they do NOT go all across America.
Aug 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
SLBeck1066
I would like to know why this show and all the other crasher shows never come to the midwest especially in ILLINOIS?

Stephanie Beck
Oct 30, 2011, 11:28 AM
Jtenn62
Are you every in Dallas Tx? I'm at Home Depot and Lowes a lot and have been hoping to run in to you. My partner and I have projects that need help..We like doing projects but don't have the time due to work/travel..Please help....lol
Apr 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
Saline18
Please come to granite city just once and see just how bad things really look around here. you want to find desperate people This is the place. walk down any street and you'll see at the least 3 houses per block that need help bad. not just with the yard!

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Apr 07, 2012, 10:30 AM
JHenry
Do you ever come to Texas? I love watching HGTV, and am in dire need of having something done to my yard. I am a stay at home mom of 4 year old twins, one with special needs, who has just had hip surgery and is in a full body cast :-( I would like to do something to my yard to make it more enjoyable for him! Any ideas?
Apr 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
Black Thumbs
Without Ahmed Hassan I don't want to be on the show. In fact, you can dump the show because I won't watch it. You'd have to come up with one awesome host/hostess and Matt IS NOT IT.
Apr 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
jaxrox
quote:
Originally posted by AlysrianXian:
They say all across America, but I have NEVER seen an episode where they came to Utah OR North Dakota. Either way, I understand why they can't disclose their locations...but they do NOT go all across America.

Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
jaxrox
quote:
Originally posted by AlysrianXian:

My husband & I go to Home Depot and Lowe's Home Improvement quite often.....I have never seen Ahmed in Burlington, NC...I just don't believe he comes to small towns.
Sep 18, 2012, 03:43 AM
DANI LINDSEY-DABBS
I DON'T THINK ANY OF THE SHOWS GO TO SMALL TOWNS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM EVEN COME CLOSE TO MY NORTHEAST PART OF LOUISIANA.
Sep 19, 2012, 07:49 PM
swschrad
production requirements probably lock out smaller towns, and practicality means if they take the crew on the road, they are going to scope out big cities where the audiences can directly be traced to more sales at the home centers.

facts 'o' television, sorry.

but you never know. hurricanes brought Mike Holmes and "DIY To The Rescue" to N'Orleans. anything can happen once.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jan 05, 2013, 04:09 PM
limamel
I sure wish they would come to Palm Beach County Florida! I love the place I live but hate my yard. Unfortunately for my husband, son, and self, neither of us have a clue about how to fix it!! I hope a clue will appear through osmosis of watching the show...lol! All these fabulous ideas and I am but a blind man...lol
May 27, 2013, 05:56 PM
Frickensaurusrex
You guys would have a blast with my yard - it's truly a DIY disaster of epic proportions! We just bought a "fixer upper" - doing pretty good on the inside, have NO idea what to do with the .62 acre mess the house came with. Come to the patriotic military town of Bremerton / Silverdale Washington! (might wait a couple months though - less chance of a soggy shoot with all this rain!

Thanks!
Jun 01, 2013, 03:49 PM
swschrad
that's enough yard for a 160 meter horizontal loop antenna. get into ham radio Wink good takeoff to asia and pacrim nations Wink

seriously... maybe... that's enough yard to set up a series of gardens and a water feature. do some research on English gardens, or perhaps Japanese/zen gardening, and consider "pieces of the whole" designs.

Apr 15, 2014, 11:47 AM
Sandi1960
I would love to take Matt Blashaw home with me. Are they ever in Tulsa OK?
Apr 21, 2014, 03:41 PM
swschrad
haven't seen one yet. the show is headquartered in the greater LA area where the production office is, but they have ventured to metro areas across the country, presumably if enough interest is shown. try the "be on DIY" page off the home page of this website, and maybe if enough folks rattle their cage, they can arrange a field trip.

I wouldn't mind a chance to try and figure a way to pay the taxes on the improvements to our yard, myself Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,