All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Woodworking    antique vanity
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

antique vanity Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have this antique vanity that is pretty beat up, has a bunch of nicks out of it and it has wood veneer and it has inlaid wood patterns and i am not sure how to restore it,here are some pics and i would appreciate any tips.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        you can get various touch up kits that might help, but you're never going to get it like new There are marker kits and filler sticks that are available
        I googled "wood finisher marker" and was directed to
        www.officeworld.com
        they have a kit of marker pens that would work and maybe you can also find the filler sticks as well.
        There are crayons that come in wood finishes that you just rub over the blemish, then polish out
        But , like I said, you're not going to get it like new

Posts: 2541 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        strange, I went to that site after I answered your post, but couldn't find the kit that I found before. but If you do a search for wood finish repairing, or something like that, you will find many places that you can get what I suggested
        Good luck, hard job

Posts: 2541 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post