All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Woodworking    hideaway kids desk
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

hideaway kids desk Sign In/Join 
        posted
        a few days back I saw a brief "how to" on DIY channel on a foldable kids desk. I'm looking to construct similiar desk for my two kids. Is there a video out there or does anyone have any suggestions on design?
        thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Below is a site with a free plan.
        http://ana-white.com/2011/09/f...down-wall-art-desk-0

But if you just google "foldable kids desk" or something similar, you can get lots of hits for ideas.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        google harber freight.. they have on sale a 5 ft work bench with 4 drawers for 135.00
        makes a nice desk

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        how many kids can you hide away in that desk, and does it work for kittens? our two kitties are terrorists in the kitchen and dining room.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5512 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of deweyjsikes
        posted Hide Post
        "Woodworker" magazine (Fall 1988 issue) has plans for a wall-mounted desk and stool. I've made several of the stools but had no need for the desk. If you can't find a copy any where contact me on private messaging and I'll send you mine. I don't do much woodworking myself anymore but don't mind helping a new woodworker.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: deweyjsikes,

Duke Sikes

Posts: 195 | Location: Vancouver, Washington | Registered: Nov 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Duke, you might want to consider editing your post to exclude your e-mail and provide it only if the OP contacts you via PM.

There have been a number of spammers and trolls here recently, one of whom became quite obnoxious and hostile. I don't think you'd want any of them contacting and harrassing you, for whatever reason.

Posts: 1746 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of EchoLin
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Conrad:
        Below is a site with a free plan.
        http://ana-white.com/2011/09/f...down-wall-art-desk-0

But if you just google "foldable kids desk" or something similar, you can get lots of hits for ideas.

i remember i used to had a similar desk, when i was a child.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sandylee123
        posted Hide Post
        That's really a good site, thanks for your link,Conrad!

Posts: 123 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post