All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Woodworking    Does anyone know of plans for a double desk similar to this?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Does anyone know of plans for a double desk similar to this? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg....d108bb59daccb97c.jpg

I don't want to buy a ready made bookcase (since the affordable ones are all particle board around here). thanks Smile

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        looks pretty straightforward to me. just a simple shelf unit with 1/2 table on each side. The legs, you can either make or buy. I think you already have the plans, but don't recognize them

Posts: 2540 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Good point. I wish they showed a view from the other side. I'm guessing from the looks of it, that the other desk has no shelf space. I'd like to make it so that both desks have some shelf space. Maybe make an extra wide shelf (18" maybe?) and divide it in half. I've never made a shelf where the backing was in the middle. Any ideas how that could be done easily? Maybe just make each "back" (which would actually be a "middle)) individually and small enough to fit within the shelves and use pocket holes to attach it.

posted Hide Post
        you can either route or saw a dado down the middle of the 2 sides the thickness of the false back. the shelves can be supported by shelf brackets that fit into holes drilled into the sides (you probably have them in your kitchen shelves )
        The false back doesn't have to be very thick 1/8 or 1/4 inch would be ok.
        To drill the shelf holes use a piece of perforated hardboard as a template to drill the holes accurately

Posts: 2540 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the tips. I did a quick sketch on sketchup and I think I can do it all with 2 sheets of plywood and 4 table legs.

posted Hide Post
        good, post a photo when it's done