DIY Message Boards
refillable calendar holder

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5721916776/m/9103973577

Nov 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
bburky502
refillable calendar holder
Hello all,
Due to recent loss of employment due to a disability I am actively looking for a hobby. I have always wanted to try woodworking but have never had the opportunity until now.
My fiance's family has asked if I could make 8 refillable calendar holders for a family calendar they put out every year. It will hold an 8 1/2"x11" calendar horizontally. I am looking for some basic plans. I don't have many tools so I am hoping someone on here has something for someone who is at the beginning stages of being a beginner!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Nov 20, 2013, 10:55 AM
GardenSprite
You might want to Google "calendar holders", or search some of the woodworking sites for free plans. Perhaps you can find some that fit the tools you have.

Another option is to pick up some basic woodworking magazines/books at Lowe's or HD, or given that you're unemployed, check out your local library.

Third option and probably the best is to find a local woodworking group and join it, if you can afford to. You'll probably find a range of skill levels, including some more experienced woodworkers who can give you tips.

Check with your community's senior center and recreational division. My father's senior center sponsors a woodworking group.

Lastly, if you can't find plans that correspond to the tools you now have to make the calendar frames, start with something else and work up to the frames.

I don't know if thrift shops have tools, but it's worth a try. You might be able to pick up some tools you need at a bargain price.

Good luck.