All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Woodworking    Chainsaw mill
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Chainsaw mill Sign In/Join 
        posted
        can anyone post info on the chainsaw mill for making lumber featured on Cool Tools show dated December 20?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Here's a link to the program; you might find something there.

http://www.diynetwork.com/cool-tools/show/index.html

On that site, there's also a link to Top Tool Picks

and then links to outdoor tools, but I found that to be a worthless link with just a lot of advertising and nothing on outdoor tools.

On the right hand side there's a link to watching full episodes. You might be able to rewatch the episode with the chain saw, and pay special attention at the end when the credits for products scroll by quickly (very quickly).

Another alternative is to try this hit on Cool Tools, chain saw mill.

Lastly, there's a Contact Us link here at which you can submit questions.

Posts: 1950 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I most heartily suggest that is the wrong tool to use here. I suspect the holders, I suspect the ability of the chain and bar to hold up, and I suspect the accuracy of the cut. many safety issues here.

start calling tree services and see who they know who has a portable mill, a real tool for maiking x/4 rough lumber from trees. certainly the rural guys know somebody or do it themselves.

down in SW minnesota, the guy the father in law has used when he's thinning out the old groves has a flat $400 daily fee within his driving radius, and you can run a lot of tree in a day.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        ck out harbor freight they have a few chain rails to choose from..
        as long as you are aware that a chain saw mill cuts rough lumber
        and not finished lumber..its great to build a barn with, stables, fences, decks..etc

Posts: 4089 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post