All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Archive  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Activities    ponding
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

ponding Sign In/Join 
        Picture of bettey
        posted
        who built a pond and enjoys there time on it

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        farmers do. they have the equipment close by, if not in their own shed, and it's reserve water for the stock if the pump is down for repairs. some dig deep enough to stock panfish.

in the city, most ponds are built using precast plastic or roofing EPDM liners, and may or may not support goldfish. when I was a kid, the neighbor across the back fence had a concrete pond a foot deep with goldfish, in the back of a sumptious flowery expanse of yard. they got too old to enjoy it in the 4 or 5 years before we moved across the street.

if you want one, do it early enough in life to enjoy it.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5742 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Swschrad, I was struck by the contrast in use of pools - one for livelihood and/or commercial purposes vs. another for pure enjoyment.

I wasn't aware that farmers used ponds for the purposes you described. Interesting.

Posts: 1914 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        a lot of people have ponds strickly for food
        some eat fish and others eat algee yuck! but they do

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post