All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  Favorite Shows    Renovation Realities
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Renovation Realities Sign In/Join 
        Picture of sneakers
        posted
        Isn't it nice when you see a woman who doesn't squeal at the first sign of a spider? Or who, after one day exclaims, "I'm so OVER this"?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I doubt that any of the men or women here would be able to relate to your remarks, as they're gentlemen and ladies, and respect each other and the opposite s-e-x.

Even if anyone had made similar observations to those you shared of your own volition, for whatever reason, I doubt they would be gauche enough to post them on a public forum.

Posts: 1949 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        It is even nicer not to see a breakdown 7 minutes into the show. But that never happens. Wink

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I like those last supers... "this renovation is SO not happening"... and of course there are after shots of granite and stainless and no bloodstains. compressing The Magic Of TV (tm) from 22 minutes into 9 seconds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Yes, but they need to add that quack Dr. Phil to the show for the dramatic breakdown. He is such a carnival barker shilling about his books, tapes, books on tapes.. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        ahh, Herr Doktorrrr Fool. give him the rented demo hammer and see how long it takes for him to sit down blubbering. after an hour, including the breaks, lagbolt it, I will SCREAM the tiles off Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:
        I doubt that any of the men or women here would be able to relate to your remarks, as they're gentlemen and ladies, and respect each other and the opposite s-e-x.

Even if anyone had made similar observations to those you shared of your own volition, for whatever reason, I doubt they would be gauche enough to post them on a public forum.

Roll Eyes

The Board's Miss Manners speaks for all! Find a more useful hobby.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sneakers,

Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        Saw an episode where they couple actually completed the project. They didn't bite off more than they could chew, I guess. It was a simple kitchen reno.

She was totally inept at following directions ("push [the refrigerator] from the bottom" and handlling the drill; he was merely inept with the drill. She complained about holding up a cabinet overhead (she was several inches shorter than he) and he did the same, although he didn't have to hold it overhead and his task was easier.

Nevertheless, they were a nice enough couple who was happy with their results. To me, the gap above the stove made the job look incomplete (no overhead fan or microwave) but hey , they were happy with it. They might be the first couple I've ever seen who re-did the kitchen and didn't go with granite counter tops.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sneakers,