All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  Favorite Shows    family under construction
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

family under construction Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Terry the "worst" general contractor I have ever witnessed- win" family!
        Word of advice- BE INVOLVED IN YOUR REMODELS- WORK COST PLUS WITH YOUR GENERAL-sign off on every lien release...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Remember it is a TV show. 10% fact and 90% made up drama. Read about it on the internet so it has to be true, state law. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1436 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        the initial season of Family Under Construction had the family living in the basement and in the way of the contractors all the time. rain without a roof, and they were trying to scrape the mold off all their furniture.

Dem wer Dummkopfen!

if you are in the way, the cost is going up, and the trust level deteriorates.

that is a little bit TOO close an "inspection" by the homeowners, and you should let the professionals try that on TV. don't try this at home. move into the in-laws garage if you have to. rent a motorhome. whatever. it's bad enough to DIY a kitchen or basement and crawl into bed at 3 am dusty and full of wood chips.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5732 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        I think that I did watch the episode as well, curious as to the premise of the new show. I really thought that part was staged, as I recall. The Mrs. of the abode was a real PITA, not sure if that was staged or just her real persona. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1436 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post