All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  Favorite Shows    Why is this board so dead?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Why is this board so dead? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of sneakers
        posted
        Doesn't anyone watch DIY? Confused

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Many, if not most communities cable systems only carry the DIY channel on the extended upper tier. The basic and sub (or limited basic) do not have it.

We opt for the limited basic at 20 a month, and watch netflix instead. The only DIY or HGTV I see is on the computer and these boards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Conrad,

Posts: 6866 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Conrad:
        Many, if not most communities cable systems only carry the DIY channel on the extended upper tier. The basic and sub (or limited basic) do not have it.

We opt for the limited basic at 20 a month, and watch netflix instead. The only DIY or HGTV I see is on the computer and these boards.

Well, that explains a lot. Come to think of it, I recall not having DIY, too, maybe a couple years ago.

Thanks, Conrad.

posted Hide Post
        thanks for sharing such a nice information.

flooring Store Pinetop, AZ|flooring Store Snowflake, AZ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: princesj,

Posts: 3 | Location: lucknow | Registered: Jan 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        DIY is by far superior to HGTV these days. HGTV has turned into a weird game-show network with so much turned into competition. Or it's forever House Hunters and Love It Or List It.

I like the educational aspect of DIY. I like the entertainment value of Renovation Realities, which I think is second only to Modern Family as a comedy.