This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5061043504/m/1363967167

Aug 03, 2012, 04:47 PM
sneakers
Why is this board so dead?
Doesn't anyone watch DIY? Confused
Aug 04, 2012, 09:49 AM
Conrad
Many, if not most communities cable systems only carry the DIY channel on the extended upper tier. The basic and sub (or limited basic) do not have it.

We opt for the limited basic at 20 a month, and watch netflix instead. The only DIY or HGTV I see is on the computer and these boards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Conrad,
Aug 04, 2012, 11:24 PM
sneakers
quote:
Originally posted by Conrad:
Many, if not most communities cable systems only carry the DIY channel on the extended upper tier. The basic and sub (or limited basic) do not have it.

We opt for the limited basic at 20 a month, and watch netflix instead. The only DIY or HGTV I see is on the computer and these boards.

Well, that explains a lot. Come to think of it, I recall not having DIY, too, maybe a couple years ago.

Thanks, Conrad.
Feb 04, 2013, 05:14 AM
princesj
thanks for sharing such a nice information.

flooring Store Pinetop, AZ|flooring Store Snowflake, AZ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: princesj,
Jan 17, 2014, 09:26 PM
sneakers
DIY is by far superior to HGTV these days. HGTV has turned into a weird game-show network with so much turned into competition. Or it's forever House Hunters and Love It Or List It.

I like the educational aspect of DIY. I like the entertainment value of Renovation Realities, which I think is second only to Modern Family as a comedy.