All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    Making a Rotating Massager help needed
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Making a Rotating Massager help needed Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Need help making a Rotating Massager with a long

handle. We can get 'vibrating' massager with long

handle but not able to get a rotating massager,

for back etc. Need to have a high power rotating

massager for body massage, but cannot get one in

the market. Appreciate if we can make with

materials available in the hardware store etc. The

motor should run with simple 230V AC supply like

ordinary massagers do. Any help greatly

appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I see your interest is "gadget making." Is this massager to be developed for sale?

Posts: 1923 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Not exactly sure what you're trying to do here but using 230v and massager in the same sentence sounds like a good way to rip every inch of skin off of your body. Or electrocute it.

Neither sounds very relaxing

Jaybee

Posts: 10364 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        strongly suspect the poster is non-USA, and most of Europe supplies 230-240 volts at the wall outlets. use funny plugs, too. some even have 50 Hz AC.

so local parts and cordage would be oriented to that normal.

ideally the motor unit should be run off an analog (heavy) wall wart at a lower voltage, for line isolation and short safety at the body. most medical office equipment like otoscopes have been this way for a decade now.

simplest way to do this is take a shiatsu or roller massager of the handheld variety and attach it to a longer pole.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5781 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Jaybee:
        Not exactly sure what you're trying to do here but using 230v and massager in the same sentence sounds like a good way to rip every inch of skin off of your body. Or electrocute it.

Sounds like this basement or garage based gadget maker isn't destined to be another tech wonder like Apple or other simple start-ups....even with a longer pole attached to the massager. I don't get the impression these guys have a lot of experience or knowledge about what they're doing.

Posts: 1923 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        not every hardware hacker is wrong. I use a piece of PVC with a slot cut in the end to lift antenna wires around tree branches, for instance. looks silly, but works.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5781 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        When in doubt call tech support, New Delhi. Sounds like a spammer. If not its best he or she learns the dangers of this all by themselves.
        What exactly did this OP have to do with home improvement anyway ? Big Grin

Fly Old Glory today, Flag Day you know. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CommonwealthSparky,

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1453 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        quote:

main concern here is to make a rotating massager with long handle, forget voltas etc

i need the description as to what kind and config of the motor to buy and the plastic casing and material to use

posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:
        quote:

was never interested in gadgets which make life pointless and directionless, get to some which make life beautiful !!

Sounds like this basement or garage based gadget maker isn't destined to be another tech wonder like Apple or other simple start-ups....even with a longer pole attached to the massager. I don't get the impression these guys have a lot of experience or knowledge about what they're doing.

posted Hide Post
        just guide me for buying a simple ac

motor for this purpose like for household use, and

that do not need transformer to run and can run on

direct plug input. Like the ones used in massagers

(rotating).

posted Hide Post
        just guide me for buying a simple ac

motor for this purpose like for household use, and

that do not need transformer to run and can run on

direct plug input. Like the ones used in massagers

(rotating).

The "manipol massager" that i have runs directly on AC supply with a small circuit inside it.Thats surprising as it doesn't use a step-down transformer etc. Only problem is low quality construction and 'low power' of motor. I'm trying to make a high power motor AND with a long handle.

search for 'manipol massager' in google.

posted Hide Post
        Nope , personal use