DIY Message Boards
burying a persistent spammer

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4691013504/m/8643982177

Jun 13, 2013, 11:08 AM
swschrad
burying a persistent spammer
I will go out on a limb and say the generator spammer is so bullheaded and insistent that getting warranty service from his outfit will require the First Army. fool doesn't care that he doesn't get it.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jun 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
Frodo
spammer....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E
Jun 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
swschrad
heh, should be a blindfold, not a headband Wink

Jun 15, 2013, 07:58 AM
CommonwealthSparky
I have been hearing great reviews of those crappy Chinese generators !!! Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...
Jun 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
nona
there seems to be a problem with everything imported from china . Even their junk is junk. Why do we persist in buying their stuff is beyond me. Maybe that's how they plan to win a war with us without firing a shot. Just bury us in cr#p
Jun 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
Frodo
notice how everything breaks in a year. they keep us buying same crap over and over
have you gotten a look at the new gas cans??? thje feds say we gotta use. give me a break...the new safety cans are DANGERIOUS they gonna get some body killed. they leak

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E
Jun 16, 2013, 01:27 PM
CommonwealthSparky
quote:
Originally posted by nona:
there seems to be a problem with everything imported from china . Even their junk is junk. Why do we persist in buying their stuff is beyond me. Maybe that's how they plan to win a war with us without firing a shot. Just bury us in cr#p

I think the tide is slowly turning in our favor. Chinese workers want what we already have, humane working conditions, a better pay scale and normal work hours. Certainly can't blame them.
America is being helped by those huge natural gas finds that can fuel factories and such. Some reports tend to point out that Chinese will be paying four times the amount for those fuels when all is factored in. The real reason jobs will return is because of those costs. Not because "It is the right thing to do, return jobs to America". America corporations care about dividends and stockholders, not the working class. Never did care, never will, no matter what some Wall St propaganda TV commercial will spout.
Time to get off the soapbox and enjoy Sunday. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...
Jun 18, 2013, 08:50 AM
GardenSprite
And once again the persistent spammer is back with more jibberish on generators.

And once again I'm attempting to bury him/her/it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Jun 18, 2013, 10:18 PM
GardenSprite
quote:
Originally posted by CommonwealthSparky:

I think the tide is slowly turning in our favor. Chinese workers want what we already have, humane working conditions, a better pay scale and normal work hours. Certainly can't blame them.

It's unfortunate that when we complain about the shoddy Chinese products, we don't really make the distinction between the workers and the executives and government. I'm very guilty of that myself. It's not the workers' fault.

And I'm looking forward to the days when Chinese workers are treated better and perhaps even unionized. They're a people who've been abused for decades by oppressive governments.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:07 AM
swschrad
manufacturing is starting to come back to the US and Mexico because Chinese labor is getting too expensive, what with transoceanic shipping and all.

there is a set of islands someplace that is pig-full of rusting tankers and freighters that there are no loads for.

but getting back to Chinese generators... which you can buy almost everyplace, under as many brands as there are stars in the sky, and they all look the same... there are some decent ones with OHV engines that look like Honda clones.

I repeat myself... in the end, the parts and service you get from your local dealer and their distribution support makes or breaks the product.

I finally broke down and got a generator during the last sleet week just big enough to run the furnace. distribution is a regional outfit that always has a lot full of the little buggers whining away as QC, and they get a container of parts with every X containers of generators. decent unit, but it is brush commutated, so it will have a definite lifetime.

and the guy is down the street, not in Spamland selling fake hormone pills on the left hand and fake welders on the right.