All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    Motion detection switch with manual override?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Motion detection switch with manual override? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hi all, I've been looking for a motion detection light switch that after it automatically turned on, I could manually flip the switch and thus would keep the light on only until the switch was manually turned off.

All the switches I've found has a toggle that can switch light off, but it would also still turn light off automatically if no motion was detected after a time.

This is for a room where one might be reading, thus no motion for the switch to detect.
        Anyone know if such a switch exists?
        Thanks for any help.

Posts: 23 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Feb 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I was under the impression that this was pretty much a feature of all of them. the MC switches we have in the offices here do have the ability to push the switch and keep the lights on. otherwise, we'd be in the dark all the time :-D

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5491 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Not exactly sure what you need, but most if not all motion lights will stay on manually if you quickly turn on and off the switch twice. The device will stay illuminated till you return the switch to off. Hope this helps what you are after. Big Grin
        Electrical storms tend to do that to many a device with its brief power outages.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post