DIY Message Boards
Motion detection switch with manual override?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4691013504/m/8113961077

Apr 29, 2013, 09:33 PM
Orion7486
Motion detection switch with manual override?
Hi all, I've been looking for a motion detection light switch that after it automatically turned on, I could manually flip the switch and thus would keep the light on only until the switch was manually turned off.

All the switches I've found has a toggle that can switch light off, but it would also still turn light off automatically if no motion was detected after a time.

This is for a room where one might be reading, thus no motion for the switch to detect.
Anyone know if such a switch exists?
Thanks for any help.
Apr 30, 2013, 11:08 AM
swschrad
I was under the impression that this was pretty much a feature of all of them. the MC switches we have in the offices here do have the ability to push the switch and keep the lights on. otherwise, we'd be in the dark all the time :-D

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Apr 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
CommonwealthSparky
Not exactly sure what you need, but most if not all motion lights will stay on manually if you quickly turn on and off the switch twice. The device will stay illuminated till you return the switch to off. Hope this helps what you are after. Big Grin
Electrical storms tend to do that to many a device with its brief power outages.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...