It's a De’Longhi 50PE, rated 115~60, 4.7amps. The manual says not to use an extension cord: is that written in stone, so to speak? I have a couple of decent extension cords (block heater, another heavier one) and the wall-plug locations in the basement are not convenient. Using a then foot extension would make life easier, but i don't want to do anything silly.
Thanks for anty advice.
At only 4.7 amps, hard to see where a properly sized extension cord would be a problem. Could be just a liability thing where they are covering themselves just in case somebody uses a light gauge extension cord that can't handle 4.7 amps.
it's the lawyers. any good grade 18/3 or 16/3 cord will handle it without heating up.
anything heats up lawyers. their job is to say, "we certainly do not recommend it..."
sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Thanks very much for those answers. That makes things much easier.
I have a home-made cable one of my clients made. (He was an electronics guy on coastal patrol aircraft.) It's about 20 feet long, and is printed: PHILLIPS 16 AWG 3 CONDR PYTHON TYPE S 600 VOLTS. The plugs (in and out) are are sort of little plastic boxes labelled HOSPITAL GRADE. It looks like it's serious, and when I look up those numbers, it seems to handle 13 amps. It may be 25 years old, but probably didn't get used much.This message has been edited. Last edited by: razorboy,
I would make sure the cord is weather / waterproof and keep the plugs elevated off the floor
For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.