I have a large hole right next to a double light switch in my living room. The switch plate does not sit straight anymore and when you turn the light on or off you can see a spark. I need to know if that spark is normal and if it is safe to use normal dry repair methods next to a double light switch.
Thank you,This message has been edited. Last edited by: Momof3+,
The spark is not normal - time to replace the switches and/or check any connections to them.
You have a bit of work to do. The best way to fix the wall damage will be to cut out a larger, square section of the drywall and replace. Because of the switch boxes, it would be best if your replacement drywall was a piece that goes completely around the box.
get an electrician to do it if you’re not sure how to fix it. Tinkering with electrical stuff is best left to professionals imho.
For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.