I have a large hole right next to a double light switch in my living room. The switch plate does not sit straight anymore and when you turn the light on or off you can see a spark. I need to know if that spark is normal and if it is safe to use normal dry repair methods next to a double light switch.
Thank you,This message has been edited. Last edited by: Momof3+,
Jan 04, 2013, 09:13 AM
The spark is not normal - time to replace the switches and/or check any connections to them.
You have a bit of work to do. The best way to fix the wall damage will be to cut out a larger, square section of the drywall and replace. Because of the switch boxes, it would be best if your replacement drywall was a piece that goes completely around the box.
Feb 19, 2013, 03:27 AM
get an electrician to do it if you’re not sure how to fix it. Tinkering with electrical stuff is best left to professionals imho.