All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    burying recidivist spammer
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

burying recidivist spammer Sign In/Join 
        posted
        fool doesn't give up, but at least he found the online dictionary and has three words of more than two syllables. now, if he/she/it could find a guide to grammar online, there is something called a definite article that is used in English but not in Janglish, that might for the merest split second mask the fact that spamming lowball junk on an advertising-supported website that exists because real sellers of real products pay real money to remind us how good their real stuff is... is not kosher.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5504 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Bringing this forward again as it seems the generator nuisance is back.

And recidivism is an appropriate term for this particular character. Perhaps that's why he and others keep returning - they're not getting the proper (psychiatric?) treatment for spamming. I wonder if the DSM has a classification for spamming? Repetitive Spam Disorder sounds like a potential.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1743 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Wonder what SPAMMING pays per hour, err pays per click ?

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1402 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by CommonwealthSparky:
        Wonder what SPAMMING pays per hour, err pays per click ?

Maybe something like $.01 per click??? That would explain why the generator guy, EchoLin and SandyLee keep posting over and over and over again - gotta get that revenue up!

What I've been trying to figure out is how to find out their website domain (w/o clicking on their links) so they can be reported and their site terminated. I think the website hosts have antispamming provisions in their TOS and linking a post to a website might be a violation.

I guess these spammers aren't too bright or they wouldn't be trying to make money in such an unproductive manner.

posted Hide Post
        SOME website hosts ban spamming. some live off of it. you can pressure down a botnet host, which incidentally is one of the best "products" that Microsoft has, because they are doing bad, illegal things. spammers are just bad salesmen that push their vacuum cleaner in an open window and snarf up your drapes, saying "see, it even cleans windows!"

Posts: 5504 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Persistent little beggar, isn't he?

Jaybee

Posts: 10135 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        And single minded. All he can spam about is generators. Imagine how boring it must be to try to have a conversation with him (or her?)

Probably just as bad as the KewinVilson character who can only spam about closed circuit security systems.

I wonder if that kind of single mindedness is genetic.

posted Hide Post
        I have a picture of our desperate little spammers... they are out of momma's basement, but sleeping in the basement of a little dingy store in a deteriorated building. take-out boxes all over. bad salesmen, could not sell ice in the desert at high noon. and they have dumped all they could borrow into inventory that is rusting on the floor.

so they spam. from a library PC.

they could work Mickey D's at night to pay the bills and put their stuff on auction for a fresh start, but can't think that far ahead any more. failing business syndrome.

so we should pray for effective treatment, not for a meteor to land dead center on their 67 Plymouth.

although either would work.