DIY Message Boards
Need to relocate on/off/dimmer switch on new arc floor lamp

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4691013504/m/3303957967

Apr 15, 2013, 01:24 PM
budagram
Need to relocate on/off/dimmer switch on new arc floor lamp
Switch hard to reach. See att diagram. Can I move it to bulb socket area?
Apr 15, 2013, 04:10 PM
Sparky617
Your diagram isn't attached.

To move this switch what kind of access do you have to the top or bottom of the wall either above or below the room / wall in question? If it is over an unfinished basement or crawlspace or below an unfinished attic you can fish the walls to extend the wires. This is not rocket science but it is likely beyond the average DIYer's skill set.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Apr 15, 2013, 07:02 PM
budagram
I am unable to attach the picture. Help!
Apr 15, 2013, 09:33 PM
swschrad
pictures have to be under 100 KB in size. you will have to wash it through a photo program (I use Photoshop) with a size setting "for web", which generally takes my photos down to between 52 and 72 KB.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?