This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4691013504/m/3183924177

Jun 18, 2013, 04:52 PM
nona
e-shovel
here's an E-Shovel to push the spammer a little deeper
Jun 18, 2013, 05:30 PM
GardenSprite
Well, so far we have several e-pushers, an e-shovel and very active e-bull. And yet the spammers are still here. If only we could get some e-police from the webmaster.
Jun 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
CommonwealthSparky
Hope this helps as well. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...
Jul 11, 2013, 08:37 AM
GardenSprite
I think we need some e-backhoes and a big concrete pit for these spammers.
Jul 11, 2013, 12:13 PM
swschrad
I think it's lightening up some. could be the light from the locomotive in this here tunnel, but it's lightening up some.

my Useful Working Theory (tm), since we don't have any facts, is that when the newbies check to see if there are hits on the site when they are not paid their penny a splatter, and find they are being ridiculed just past the point of NSA agents sitting in your living room tossing bones and empty cans on the floor while they tape you in HD and quad sound, they try someplace else.

or go back to shivving folks at bus stops for the $3.47 in their pockets and the bus card.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jul 11, 2013, 12:29 PM
GardenSprite
quote:
Originally posted by swschrad:
my Useful Working Theory (tm), since we don't have any facts, is that when the newbies check to see if there are hits on the site when they are not paid their penny a splatter, and find they are being ridiculed just past the point of NSA agents sitting in your living room tossing bones and empty cans on the floor while they tape you in HD and quad sound, they try someplace else.

Hey, now you know that all this spying (or should I say "monitoring") is all for the better good of the private sector which gathers information on us to sell and enrich themselves? And we all know that private sector execs think of their customers first, shareholders second and themsevles last. Ergo, in some weird rational sense, their spying benfits us.

Forget about the Patriot Act - think Google and especially Facebook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Jul 11, 2013, 01:39 PM
CommonwealthSparky
How not did Mark Z make all his loot by providing "free" hosting space on facebook? By selling all that data they he mined while everybody went about the fun things done online on a daily basis. Nobody on facebook here, but then yes Google, Yahoo and everybody else is doing as well. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CommonwealthSparky,

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...
Jul 11, 2013, 02:56 PM
swschrad
the government does not sell that data (they have a contractor do it) Wink

getFaced'book is the perfect example of the new media equation... if you can't tell what the product is, YOU are

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?