All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    Simple Rewire?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Simple Rewire? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hi all,

I have 2 lights in my kitchen ceiling, old school brass. I am replacing them with the recessed LED's. Each light has it's own switch. Each switch is on opposite sides of the kitchen. I'd like to delete one of these switches and have both running to one. I've had my fair share of electrical, and I am comfortable doing things like this, but I am unsure how, is this an easy DIY project? If so, maybe steer me in the right direction? Thanks.... as always!

Posts: 47 | Registered: Jun 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        If you have basic electrical knowledge this can be a simple rewire IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE AREA ABOVE THE CEILING. If you don't then this can be fairly difficult with a lot of wore fishing and some drywall repair.

Jaybee

Posts: 10303 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Super easy attic access leading to a good size space to work in above the kitchen. I watched a couple videos online and have a better idea of how to do it, but will still have some Q's this week Im sure... once I get up above.

Posts: 47 | Registered: Jun 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post