All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    Looking to have a home with brilliant appearance
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Looking to have a home with brilliant appearance Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I thought to renovate my home to give it a awesome look and planning in that way, with that it can have a quite brilliant look. I am working out for that. The plan which I was trying to keep is going like to choose a good color for the walls like bright colors, Furniture replacement, improvisation of Exterior look with some sort of plants and total of interior textures to be replaced.

When I was to say about my plan to my friends they also gave some suggestions and from those one of my friend proposed an idea to get chandeliers at the available free space. I was really impressed for the idea and like to have designer lighting chandeliers in the living room, dining room and where it could be fit perfectly. I am also looking for the chandeliers to be affordable. How it could be if "Elegant Glass Ceiling Chandelier" and "Murano Chandeliers" are fixed.

Valuable suggestions are required regarding various kinds of Chandeliers. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        whats your question? you told me that you like a brand name fixture. ok.. me to
        do you want some advice on hanging it?
        if its advice on what looks good where, thats a personal thing. red looks good to me but you might like blue.
        a friend told me 1 time that a blue print turned upside down could still be read. what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for sharing the information. Yeah, It depends upon their personal interest. Sometimes, Based upon the wall paint also we can choose the best model of chandeliers. Where can we find the best details about the less power consumption and affordable chandeliers ?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Power consumption is going to be based on what bulbs you put into it and the wattage each uses.

The LED bulbs for chandeliers aren't that good looking compared to a traditional incandescent. Frankly, at their current cost I wouldn't bother replacing the bulbs in our dining room chandelier with LED's because the payback time will be measured in decades given the use of that light. I'll used LED candle tip bulbs in my outdoor fixtures where I'll get much more bang for my buck. I'm slowly replacing the PAR lights in my bonus room can lights with LED PAR lights. At $25 a pop it will be a one or two at a time. I have 7 in the bonus and I've replaced 3 so far as the existing bulbs burn out. Once I'm done all seven bulbs will use less energy than one of the PAR bulbs. They are dimmable LED's and they work well but they do dim at a different rate than the incandescent PAR bulbs.

So for an energy saving chandelier go for one that the bulbs aren't exposed so the LED or CFL bulbs won't be a design feature. Personally I'd avoid CFLs because even with "dimmable" CFLs the results are pretty disappointing. IMHO CFLs will become a small part of the lighting solution going forward as LEDs continue to come down in price. The light quality of LEDs is better, they are close to instant on with full intensity and the new ones are dimmable. CFLs take 3-5 minutes to come up to full brightness and dimming is less than satisfactory.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sparky617,

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 621 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: Aug 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        another home run.....watch out in the parking lot
        sparky hit it over the fence and its bust'n windshield's............ Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I can tell you that CFLs in a chandelier with sparklies will not work, it will be dull as dishwater. you have to have filaments in clear bulbs for the crustals to dazzle.

bare-LED bulbs without coatings on the glass might have that wow factor, but I'm not going to try them. I have one LED bulb, the "night light" in the ham shack. it was on sale for 4 bucks. that's as high as I go.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5504 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post