All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Electrical    Dead electical outlet and mystery switches
        Page 1 2 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Dead electical outlet and mystery switches Sign In/Join 
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        I can see taping a made up connection. But personally I feel that if you pre twist the copper connection that taping on the wire nut is a waste of good tape. Methinks this is posted onboard on another query. Personal preference, no more no less.
        But I feel replacing "old breakers" is never needed and can be downright dangerous to a homeowner who gets into something over his head.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I personally think it's a good idea to tape wire nuts so that they don't loosen as you stuff the wires back in the box.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        sparky is correct,,,waste of tape..
        but it makes me feel better

an old plumber told me that "I been doen it that way for 20 years!"
        and I told him
        "yeah....and you been doen it wrong for 20 years!!!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

Posts: 4061 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        I can live with that. Big Grin We all have to sleep at night. I too taped for about twenty years or so.
        I break down by my purchases by product class/item number and was amazed at the percentage of my purchases went to Scotch "33". Now it was not a great dollar amount but just one of many things you can play around with to help the bottom line.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CommonwealthSparky,

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        after wireing my house, i figured out something,,that fixture that always has a bulb burn out. way sooner than the rest.....its got a loose wire nut....

Posts: 4061 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post