All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  I Hate My Kitchen    Organizer for pans in cabinet that goes back
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Organizer for pans in cabinet that goes back Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I saw a commercial with James Young and he was showing some items to organize your kitchen. I am interested in the pull out that goes back into "never never land" that is usually used for pots and pans storage. Where can I get one of those?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I haven't seen the commercial (I never watch them) but it sounds like it's a track mounted rack that slides out and has hooks for pots.

If so, these have been around for years; TOH showed some as well if I remember correctly. And my father put one in his kitchen back in the 1960s.

You might try contacting kitchen supply companies, or check in the kitchen remodeling sections of HD or Lowes.

You might even be able to get some advice by contacting Young through his DIY profile:

http://www.diynetwork.com/james-young/bio/index.html

There's a "contact us" link on the right side at the very bottom of the page.

Posts: 1908 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Here is one type, they are not inexpensive: Rev-A-Shelf 2-Tier Metal Pull Out Cabinet Basket

http://www.lowes.com/pd_364340...ollar%7C1&facetInfo=

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sparky617,

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 723 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: Aug 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        everybody has some sort of organizer. TV shows have been standardizing on knock-down cabinetry lately, so what you are seeing is probably from Ikea, Cabinets To Go, or The RTA Store online.

you could fake something up from wood and Euro drawer slides, with a bottom glide for stability.

you could also go the drawer route, and cut a bottom plate to inset with circles cut to drop your pans into and not even have them clang on movement. lot of fancy cabinetry is starting to use drawers for pans. if you make and paint drop-ins with finger holes, they are removable when they get new pots and pans. don't glue them in.

we've got too many for me to do that last project. besides, banging plates and pans tell the cats that it's dinner time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5732 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post