All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  I Hate My Kitchen    West Coast Help?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

West Coast Help? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Just wondering why all these shows are based on the East Coast. I have a kitchen that would really enjoy a kitchen crash. Just wondering....

Posts: 1 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        They don't publicize show locations very much as most are local to the production companies that produce them. However, by far the largest amounts are taped very close to you in CA. By living in San Jose, you have a much better chance of landing on a show then most people in the US.

Other 'popular' areas are around Chicago IL, New York NY and Knoxville TN areas. Many shows also go on the road and travel but for logistics more are local to their own production companies.

Jaybee

Posts: 10452 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        "I hate my kitchen" is taped in the Twin Cities area. "Kitchen Crashers" is out of the LA area.

when producers are casting for a new season, you will find out and be able to enter off the home page under the "Be on DIY" heading. the emails go straight to the production team. DIY/HGTV/Scripps just contracts out the show production and reviews for suitability, they don't actually have a hand in setting and choosing the segments. Scripps TV does own the final product forever once they get it.

there are shows, like the Holmes series, and "~ Hunters," that are Canadian productions, and center around the Toronto area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post