All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Remodeling    Cleaning wood steps after carpet was removed
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Cleaning wood steps after carpet was removed Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hi was looking for a little advice I am removing the carpet on my steps that lead to the upstairs was looking for some help on what to use to clean the wood .The wood has some glue from the carpet and just General dirt on it any good advice on what to use to clean the wood before i refinish it the wood looks to be in good condition
        Thanks for any advice you can give me
        Mike

wood step

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        try mineral spirits and a lot of rags. LOT of rags. warning, this could lead to spontaneous combustion. what I do is set the slimy solventy rags outside on sand in the side lot away from the house until dry, and then put them in the trash.

there are soybean oil removers that don't need as much ventilation to protect you in the paint supply aisles of the big home centers, and you can also try one of those. again, put those rags outside where the neighbors don't rat you out to the police until very dry, just in case.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5712 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the reply i will look into it i don't mind any order as i have good air flow in the house was looking for the best product don't mind spending some money just wanted to get something that will work
        Thanks again

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post