All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Remodeling    Sturdy bed frame
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Sturdy bed frame Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have an autistic son that I am guardian of who is 19 years old. For as long as I can remember he is always breaking bed frames. He is very strong. We have even tried cinder blocks with a wood overlay. He cracked the wood. Right now his mattress is on the floor. However he is a grown man and I would like to have some kind of bed frame for his mattress. We live in northern Michigan and it gets very cold in the winter so having the mattress on the floor is not the best or warmest. Any ideas???????

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        What about a steel frame?

https://www.google.com/#q=steel+bed+frames

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1924 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        If the metal frame would not work, I might look for a cheap, used waterbed frame (it usually is 2x material), and add some bracing between the sides with plywood screwed on top. Place a regular mattress on the plywood to create a platform bed?

Posts: 6894 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        4x4s?

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5808 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post