All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Remodeling    Remnants from remodel
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Remnants from remodel Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am doing a full gut remodel on a home built turn of the 20th century. Oldest record found is dated 1907.
        I have multiple hot water radiators and original 1" wide maple hardwood flooring strips measuring 14-28" in length and 3/8" to 3/4" thick. They have been re-finished a couple times that I know of.

I would hate to just throw all of this away. I would rather someone be able to re-use it. Was thinking of using the maple flooring to do the walls in the basement when I finish that but decided to go with a more original look of all exposed original rock foundation.

If anyone wants the radiators or wood flooring, get in touch with me and I am sure we can work something out.

*NOTE: this is an in-progress remodel. at least 2 radiators will be disconnected in spring 2014. flooring with become available as soon as first radiator is removed.

Posts: 10 | Location: Barryton, MI | Registered: Sep 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        It's great that you are doing things this way but 99.99% of whoever will read this will be too far away from you to have it make sense.

Log on to your local Craigslist and make a post in the free section to gt better results on this.

Jaybee

Posts: 10127 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Well, interestingly enough, there may actually be another option.

My father's church in mid Oakland County holds an annual give-away at which members from local units donate anything they want, including large household items.

With something such as you're offering, photos with contact information would be posted and anyone interested would contact you for further discussion, and/or pickup.

This giveaway is held on the last Friday and Saturday of April. This might just coincide with your schedule.

If this interests you, let me know and I'll contact the church folks or I can put you in touch with them directly. I can also find out if one of their affiliates in your area holds a similar giveaway.

This is a generous offer, and an exciting (and major!) project. I hope you'll keep us up to date on your progress.

BTW, what style house is this? Is it a Victorian, 4-square??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1740 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Not really sure what the style is but I will try to get a photo posted soon of the exterior.

What's odd is the main floor porch and 2nd floor veranda were added to the home in the mid 1900's. I know this because my grandpa helped do all the stone work for the porch foundation and framing for the veranda.

I will put a post up on CL but if the aren't any serious inquiries I will see about donating. Too bad people like Bronson Pinchot don't check the forums. I know he likes the old looks.

Posts: 10 | Location: Barryton, MI | Registered: Sep 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Here's a pic of the outside of the house from the north. If you zoom you can see there is a slight pitch change in the roof and the slight tapered slope at the base of the rock foundation by the porch.