All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Remodeling    Squaring a corner
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Squaring a corner Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello, I am new to DIY and have a question regarding squaring off corners for a corner stove and microwave. The layout of our kitchen is a bit odd and only gives us room to do this or to knock down a wall to expand the kitchen by 3 feet. Which project would be less expensive? I'm not worried about the complexity, just the cost. Anyone who has had experience in framing or cabinetry would be helpful as well. Thanks! Smile

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        It's a little confusing what exactly you are asking, can you give more details?

Jaybee

Posts: 10148 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        345 is all you need... from the corner. measure out 3' mark it.
        then . ,measure out 4' from the corner. at a 90 degree angle from the 3' measurement. mark it
        if square it should be 5' from mark to mark Wink

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Guzman214,

As Jaybee has suggested, your posted message is a bit confusing.

I would suggest that you take pictures of the area where you are considering placing the stove and microwave into the corner on a 45 degree angle but also try to show a good deal of the area on both walls of that corner. In addition since you are considering relocating a wall take pictures of that wall as it relates to the kitchen as well as stating what room is above that if any.

Once you have the pictures go to http://www.photobucket.com and create a Free Account and upload all your pictures to your new account. Then return here to the DIY Boards and create a New Post where you state your concerns more clearly and post links of the pictures at photobucket in your message so others have a better understanding of what you are considering. This will help others here to see as well as grasp the issue you are facing much more easily and they will likely offer you suggestions to assist you.

Others may have additional suggestions.

Good Luck!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I read this as in the vein of "we don't have square corners but we don't want to smash wall to get them."

and if that's the case, you are simply out of luck. if the walls are all higgledy-piggledy, you are going to have to demo and rebuild if you want perfectly square corners.

two ways this can happen. one, you have an old house, and it's not square because as things shift, shift happens. could be a LOT of issues to fix, and some could be contractor-grade in structure. two, somebody just slapped up a wall between beers sometime in the past. that's fixable with demo and a correct rebuild.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5513 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post