All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Remodeling    Suggestions on how to finish a basement wall
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Suggestions on how to finish a basement wall Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm enclosing a portion of my basement for a theater but not sure how to deal with a slop sink and ejection pump.
        I would like to have the option to build a wet bar at some point but for now I just want to complete the walls.
        Should I incorporate the sink/pump within the room then build a closet around them or build the room around the sink/pump so that they're on the outside of the room and install an access door?

Posts: 164 | Registered: Dec 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        to start with, that sink should not be draining into a sump well, it should go into a real drain with vent.

this is the time to check on where that sump dumps its water, the EPA kicks city butt if it goes into the sanitary drain. you will have to knock a hole and drain that outside if you have the issue. cities do inspect that and tag it as a code violation.

so if you want a wet bar, you are already cutting a swath through the concrete to relocate the sump on another section of weeping tile. run the drain line along there. a vent will have to go up through the roof.

alternatively, you could put a crud closet where the sump well is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5718 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post