DIY Message Boards
More for the money

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4291013504/m/3213979277

Aug 10, 2013, 09:39 PM
princessbippy
More for the money
We are looking at purchasing a home that has three 3/4 bathrooms. One is downstairs, one off the master and the other is next to the master bath. We were thinking of either expanding the master bath and making the other a 1/2 bath or if we should combine the two and make one large master bath but have it as an en-suite. What would give us the biggest return on investment?
Aug 11, 2013, 04:30 PM
joecaption
Might want to run this by your real estate agent.
My guess is a full bathroom in the master.
Never heard of a 3/4 bath.
Full or half is the norm.
What are you calling a 3/4 bath?

joecaption
Aug 11, 2013, 06:35 PM
Jaybee
In my area, a 3/4 bath is what they call a bath with a toilet, sink and shower. Once it has a tub or a tub/shower then it's considered a full bath.

I agree with Joe that the best answer would be to run this by your realtor. Of your options, I would guess that making a full bath in the master and half bath next to it would be the best move. Actually, as the house now is less than 'ideal'. Conventional thinking is that every house needs at least one tub.

If you are looking for a way to guarantee that the value of your house would go up by doing this remodel, then figure out a way to add a tub to at least one of those baths without taking away from any of them.

Jaybee