All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Orange Peel Texture
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Orange Peel Texture Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about electric texture hoppers. I need to orange peel my living room and a couple bedrooms. I looked into renting an air compressor set up but I'm not sure how long this will take me (cost per day renting) and also my air compressor is not big enough to handle the pressure needed. Has anyone had experience with an electric hopper?

Thanks

Posts: 35 | Registered: Aug 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Also, Can I spray orange peel texture directly on to previously painted walls then paint over? Or should I prime the painted walls, texture, then paint? I real appreciate everyones advice and tips on these messages boards!

Posts: 35 | Registered: Aug 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I've done lots of this in my house. The hoppers are great for orange peel and are easy to use. Consider a helper to help you move and do refills. Hubby sprayed, I directed. Be sure to cover everything as it can be messy. Test on some old wood or cardboard until you get the settings how you like it. If you are trying to match other parts of the house, you can just carry the board around. Test first and practice.

If you walls are very light, you could just wash well with tsp, rinse and then spray and prime. If there is a big color contrast, I would prime, spray, then prime again.

Posts: 2484 | Registered: Apr 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post