DIY Message Boards
Orange Peel Texture

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3391013504/m/9633967377

Sep 12, 2013, 08:24 AM
speez16
Orange Peel Texture
I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about electric texture hoppers. I need to orange peel my living room and a couple bedrooms. I looked into renting an air compressor set up but I'm not sure how long this will take me (cost per day renting) and also my air compressor is not big enough to handle the pressure needed. Has anyone had experience with an electric hopper?

Thanks
Sep 12, 2013, 08:42 AM
speez16
Also, Can I spray orange peel texture directly on to previously painted walls then paint over? Or should I prime the painted walls, texture, then paint? I real appreciate everyones advice and tips on these messages boards!
Sep 12, 2013, 09:12 PM
mosternaz
I've done lots of this in my house. The hoppers are great for orange peel and are easy to use. Consider a helper to help you move and do refills. Hubby sprayed, I directed. Be sure to cover everything as it can be messy. Test on some old wood or cardboard until you get the settings how you like it. If you are trying to match other parts of the house, you can just carry the board around. Test first and practice.

If you walls are very light, you could just wash well with tsp, rinse and then spray and prime. If there is a big color contrast, I would prime, spray, then prime again.