All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Bedroom walls bubbling...
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Bedroom walls bubbling... Sign In/Join 
        posted
        My bedroom walls at one point had wallpaper and it was removed and painted over. Now the walls are bubbling and cracking in areas. I'm guessing this is because the original glue wasn't totally removed. What are the best ways to fix this since the room needs to be repainted.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        you aint gonna like what i got to say
        remove the old glue....get a walpaper steamer and get to scrappen. or paneling

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        How can I remove the glue if it's been painted over? And if I start scrapping I'll have high and low spots over the entire wall - then what?

posted Hide Post
        there are 2 types of paint jobs the one that's done in a jiffy and the one that takes some time. the difference is in the preparation and the quality of the outcome. so take Frodo's suggestion.start scraping and after you finished 1 wall wash it with hot water to get any glue that is left off.
        since the walls are bubbling bring out the glasses and have a drink before you start.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Oct 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        use your hand and fingers to "feel" the wall
        you will find different textures, thats the glue, alsdo use a brite lite to cast shadows on the wall to high light texture
        turn off light in room and hold the light close to the wall

its gonna be a pain i n the ....
        thats why it cost so much to fix that kind of thing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Since this will be a pain... Any creative ideas on how to cover it up? I was wondering like a texture finish. I want to consider all of my options before I start scrapping because I'm sure once the scrapping is done that I'll have to spackle the low spots and then commence sanding.