All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Which color on which wall?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Which color on which wall? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello. We are currently renovating our home (a 40 yr. old red brick, which I inherited from my parents)and I have a 9 yr. old daughter who wants to paint all of her walls a different color. She has picked all of her colors, but I want to make sure the colors compliment each other by placing them on the right wall to pull the most light in. Her bedroom is quite small (8x10), and only has one window which faces east, so the best natural lighting comes in during the morning. Her (adamantly) chosen colors are all pastels of pink, lilac, baby blue and easter (light and airy) green. Which color would look the best on which walls?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        I don't think it will make any difference for light reflection with all those light colors. It's really going to come down to which of the colors look best against each other. Easy enough to take the sample chips and cut them to make a box that you can look at to see how the colors interact.

Of course, since light reflection will not be a problem no matter how you set them up, you could always just let her decide which color goes where.

Jaybee

Posts: 10500 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        That is a good idea. Will definitely try that box out. Thanks!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post