All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    What color paint goes with tongue and groove??
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

What color paint goes with tongue and groove?? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        We are painting our new house and we have cathedral ceilings with a loft. When you are in the living room you can see right up into the loft area. I would like a color paint that goes well with the tongue and groove and I want it to blend well. Any suggestions on what color goes well with tongue and groove??

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I'm biased towards nature based colors, green and brown in particular, so I would say go with that. But it really comes down to the color scheme surrounding the tongue and groove.

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Thurlowboys3,

I'm sorry but many here will have difficulty assisting you with the limited information that you posted.

Tongue and groove is a type of wood joinery which has no bearing on the colour of the wood. To understand this, in my living room I have 3 1/4" tongue and groove ash hardwood flooring which is stained similar to golden oak and on the ceiling, 5 3/4" tongue and groove cedar planking which is stained natural cedar. The walls is this area are painted a light tan colour which blends well with both floor and ceiling and adds a brightness to the room that gives the room an earthy relaxed feeling of comfort. There is also a lot of window space which opens up to the surrounding bush which surrounds our home. This naturally brings nature outside into our living space, which is feeling we wanted and believe we have achieved by our colour choices in this space.

In your post you do not mention anything about the colour of the tongue and groove, nor what it actually is, planking on the ceiling or a type of flooring, so to offer a suggestion as to colour is very difficult. What feeling do you want to achieve in this space? The colour choice you choose will help draw that out.

Others here can offer suggestions as which colours draw our various feelings you might wish to achieve.

Help us to assist you.

Good Luck!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post