DIY Message Boards
painted walls - some paint got on baseboards - remove?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3391013504/m/6973985377

Sep 05, 2013, 04:02 PM
Hutch45
painted walls - some paint got on baseboards - remove?
While painting the walls in the house, I did not get the blue tape down tight on the top of the baseboard. Some of the paint from the walls got under the tape and onto the top of the molding. I was wondering how to remove those little bits of paint.
Sep 05, 2013, 07:47 PM
joecaption
Unless there blobs, just paint over them.
A whole lot easier, faster and less expensive to learn how to use a 2-1/2 sash brush and not use any tape.
Far to many times the tape will just end up peeling the new right off the wall when removed.

joecaption
Sep 05, 2013, 09:34 PM
swschrad
we used the old-fashioned triangular beer-can punch liberally in the folks' house back in the 60s. you could also use a scraper on a handle (Rockler, for instance) but they are harder to control and do a real job on wallboard. the "church key" is a lot cheaper and usually availiable at any decent grocery store.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Sep 06, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hutch45
Thanks guys. The molding is stained so painting over is not an option. Normally, I use a sash brush to cut in around the molding. But, for some reason I decided, after years of using a brush, to use tape. Won't happen again. Will try the church key approach. Thanks again.
Sep 06, 2013, 11:30 AM
Conrad
Goof-Off (made by Valspar) is the product I always have around. It is flammable, so no open flames and good ventilation. A bit on a cotton rag, and your spots of paint should wipe right off without much effort.