All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Painting    Choosing paint colors
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Choosing paint colors Sign In/Join 
        posted
        We did an accent wall with stripes in our living room with Valspar paint in LaFonda Antique red and Cream In My Coffee. What color would you paint the adjacent and opposite walls? We have an open floor plan and 20 ft ceilings that peak at the top and are visible from the 2nd floor catwalk.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I think it's really hard to give advice on the most appropriate color scheme as this is such a personal taste and choice. My preference is toward lighter colors, but others might like darker ones.

Misdial, what are your favorite colors? What colors are your furniture and drapes?

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I would use one of the two colors or something just a few shades lighter. I don't think you should introduce a third wall color.

Posts: 2488 | Registered: Apr 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thank you for your responses! My drapes are tan with an antique red scroll. We have black leather furniture, and I have red, green, and gold accents throughout the room.

After a few days, my husband thought the red and cream stripes reminded him of candy land Smile We switched the red to Sandy Ridge (a SW color, but Valspar paint) and painted the other three walls the Sandy Ridge color. We liked the idea of using one of the colors in the striped wall for the rest of the room and it looks great!! Much better than the antique red. We loved that color, but it was just a little bold on our walls.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post