DIY Message Boards
Choosing paint colors

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3391013504/m/6863916177

Jun 25, 2013, 06:43 PM
Misdial
Choosing paint colors
We did an accent wall with stripes in our living room with Valspar paint in LaFonda Antique red and Cream In My Coffee. What color would you paint the adjacent and opposite walls? We have an open floor plan and 20 ft ceilings that peak at the top and are visible from the 2nd floor catwalk.
Jun 28, 2013, 04:25 PM
GardenSprite
I think it's really hard to give advice on the most appropriate color scheme as this is such a personal taste and choice. My preference is toward lighter colors, but others might like darker ones.

Misdial, what are your favorite colors? What colors are your furniture and drapes?
Jun 28, 2013, 08:37 PM
mosternaz
I would use one of the two colors or something just a few shades lighter. I don't think you should introduce a third wall color.
Jul 02, 2013, 05:47 PM
Misdial
Thank you for your responses! My drapes are tan with an antique red scroll. We have black leather furniture, and I have red, green, and gold accents throughout the room.

After a few days, my husband thought the red and cream stripes reminded him of candy land Smile We switched the red to Sandy Ridge (a SW color, but Valspar paint) and painted the other three walls the Sandy Ridge color. We liked the idea of using one of the colors in the striped wall for the rest of the room and it looks great!! Much better than the antique red. We loved that color, but it was just a little bold on our walls.